Friday, April 22, 2011

Fast Food Logos

I did this logo as a parody. While driving through LA, I noticed donut shops everywhere. I mean there are tons of them, and they're different ones too, not chains. Even still, they pretty much all have the same sign.


It makes sense though, the sign follows the same red and yellow design philosophy of fast food logos. If you don't know what I'm talking about, this article offers some good insight and examples. Basically, the colors red and yellow have been psychologically proven to induce hunger. Deep reds found in nature tend to represent ripeness or are associated with raw meat. Yellows in modern culture tend to be associated with speed (i.e. lightning is always drawn yellow). I'm not gonna get too deep into it, google searching color theory articles can get you the same information and more. This is what happens when I spend too much time driving in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment