Friday, September 9, 2011

MochiPets

I've been interested in virtual pets for a very long time. This interest has inspired my research into the field of artificial intelligence and dynamic evolution, as well as mutations on a graphical level. I don't want to go into too much detail in this post, but what it more or less boils down to is that I have been trying to create what I would consider the perfect virtual pet. That doesn't necessarily mean it will suit everyone's tastes, but I have been drawing from what I consider successful implementations of virtual pets and trying to fill in the gaps where I feel other attempts have missed out.

In the process, I have drawn a lot of inspiration from Tamagotchi, Digimon, and Chao Adventure. I feel that virtual pets should be unique and represent a pet experience that can't be found outside the digital realm. Because of this, I have been sketching many ideas of how they could possibly be designed as recognizable, but unique entities. This is just a sample of a particular series called MochiPets, who's shape was inspired by the Japanese dessert "mochi." I have vectored a few of them in order to get an idea of what they would look like on screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment