Friday, March 26, 2010

Another text RPG

Near the beginning of my Artificial Cultures class we had the assignment of making some sort of "branching simulation," basically another choose your own adventure project in JavaScript. I had done these before, it's a pretty common homework assignment for learning if-else statements, so I decided I would try to add a twist to this one. Unfortunately because I procrastinated and did the project the night before, the twist only went so far as adding a dice roll to certain events where your character selection affected your chance of success.

If I were to continue working on this assignment, which I most likely will not, I would try to be rid of the alert windows. Because they are easy to learn and quick to write, many of our simulations in this class utilized these prompt windows. I would be interested in creating a browser-based interface for something like this in later projects.

So here it is: An Adventurer's Quest

1 comment: