Monday, March 8, 2010

Shoyu Ramen


In high school I would eat ramen all the time. Sure I lived with my parents, we had real food, but for some reason I still couldn't stop eating instant noodles. When I finally had real, restaurant ramen, my whole world turned upside down.

Now I live on my own and I've been doing a lot of cooking. My good friend Jon suggested that I add cooking to this blog, so here we are. My first attempt at making real ramen, no more of the instant stuff.

I followed the recipe for Shoyu Ramen from About.com and I'm very pleased with the result. If you try it, I really suggest using less salt. The soy sauce already adds a lot of salt to the broth, and the consumer can just add salt to their own tastes anyway. The cooking time is a bit long because you have to let the broth boil for a while (that is, if you boil it on low as the recipe suggests), but it's really quite easy.

It's a very basic recipe, so I'm sure it's easily modifiable. If you do try modifying it, let me know how it goes, I would be curious to hear! Happy cooking! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment